New Corporate Headquarters
Having outgrown their corporate office and faced with physical space that no longer reflected the culture of the firm, BerryDunn hired Lavallee Brensinger to assist with the search for a new home. This process included programming, space standards, and then test fits of several potential locations. The former UNUM building on Congress Street was selected as the ideal new home.
Some challenges presented by Berrydunn’s former location included a lack of parking space, rapid growth resulting in multiple expansions, minimal natural lighting, and employee reluctance to leaving the downtown area conveniences.
The final project, completed in the 4th quarter of 2020, includes 67,500 SF of office space, a 6,000 SF conference center and a 4,800 SF wellness facility.
- Efficient layout, with offices on single floor, provides easy communication and promotes collaboration between employees and departments
- Space standards provide maximum flexibility and easy adaptability for growth
- Casual touch down areas break up large spaces and promote impromptu meetings
- Extensive use of interior glass partitions brings natural light deep into the space
- Interior materials and details reinforce a compelling corporate image, serving as a recruiting tool
- Identifiable presence in the community